June 2020 - Intuitive Eating Essentials Program for Midlife, Menopause and Beyond
Make Peace with Food and Your Body Image
Are you overwhelmed with food and your body right now as you cope with the current crisis we are in all over the world?
Is the stress of being at home 24-7 taking its toll on you?
Do you find yourself eating emotionally and feeling out of control?
The world today is changing and as you go through midlife and menopause ... so are you.
We all need compassion right now.
We do not need to be on a diet, or restrict our food or stress about food.
We do need something that will help us.
Intuitive Eating is often the solution you are looking for but you have no idea what it is and how it works.
Intuitive Eating is an approach to food and body image that offers you a method filled with self compassion, gentle nutrition and learning to listen to what your body truly needs.
My next Intuitive Eating Essentials program for Midlife, Menopause and Beyond starts on June 14, 2020 and it is the best way for you to Find Food Freedom and Body Peace especially today, during the Covid-19 crisis.
This program can help you if you ....
- Feel "at war" with your body and struggle with negative body image.
- Cut out entire foods or food groups from your diet.
- Obsess over the rules of "healthy" eating.
- Try harder and harder to lose that "middle-age" spread, only to blame yourself when you can't lose weight.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO.....
- Remove yourself from the emotional and toxic diet culture we live in?
- Learn to be at peace with eating and with your body?
- Achieve an authentic, valued, and healthy second half of your life?
IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, then the Intuitive Eating Essentials Program is for YOU!
Intuitive Eating is all about making peace with food, and with your body.
Live Your True Values and Find Food Freedom and Body Peace Forever
Research consistently shows that diets do not work, but in our world the entire perception of health and fitness is molded by a diet mindset. Dieting PREDICTS more weight gain, weight cycling, and increases weight stigma & the risk of eating disorders.
Many of us reach the point where we are done with obsessing about what, how much, and when to eat each meal and snack. We know there must be a better way, but walking away from dieting means letting of many pre-conceived “truths,” and intuitive eating can feel radical!
Intuitive eating will help you let go of the diet mentality by learning to distinguish between physical and emotional feelings, trust your own inner wisdom, and ultimately make peace with food and discover true satisfaction in eating. Ultimately, nobody can be the expert of YOU -- when it comes to Intuitive Eating, YOU are the boss!
Intuitive Eating Essentials is a self-paced program with lots of live professional support that will help you explore your relationship with food, and help you integrate intuitive eating into your life.
And in 2020, these lessons of Intuitive Eating combined with the group support calls will be the ones to help you with your food and body image issues during the stress of the covid-19 pandemic.
I will help you develop habits and skills to thrive during this challenging time in our world.
Join me for the next group and spend time with a dietitian by your side.
My passion with this group program is to help guide you on this journey with compassion and teach you how to use Intuitive Eating to manage your emotional eating.
You WILL learn how to move towards a more loving and compassionate relationship with food and with your body to live a more meaningful life.
To make PEACE with yourself ... so that you can thrive in midlife, menopause and beyond. Most importantly so you can thrive during these very trying and challenging times we are living in today.
IMAGINE BEING ABLE TO.......
- Eat all foods without guilt or judgement!
- Stop bashing your body!
- Listen to your body’s true needs & find creative ways to provide them
- Accept and understand the changes that happen to your body during midlife and menopause
- Live your life from a place of self-acceptance & compassion
- Recognize what emotional eating is really telling you (it has an important message for you)
- Discover a WEIGHT NEUTRAL approach to Midlife and Menopause, including Gentle Nutrition for Heart Health and Bone Health.
By working through the Intuitive Eating Essentials program, you will see changes in yourself like:
- Being able to enjoy all foods with satisfaction, rather than guilt
- Feeling happier and healthier
- Recognizing that your worth is not determined by the shape or size of your body -- but so much more!
Intuitive eating will help you get your life back! You will begin to trust yourself again. Food and body worry no longer dominate or distract you from your life. Instead relationships are deepened and life becomes richer!
“Learning the skills and mindset of Intuitive Eating with Erica Leon has been truly a transformative experience. I’d been in the diet-cycle for most of my life and had no idea how damaging it had become. I’d developed a set of rules, low self-esteem, and guilt for not having the discipline to “fix” this aspect of my life. Through this journey, Erica, the guest speakers, and the other women in this e-course-turned-family and support group have helped me see the world through fresh eyes and being to reclaim ownership over my body and my nutrition.”
I came to Erica expecting that she’d help me find solutions, boundaries and an expectation for what nutrition should be, instead I found comfort, healing and a whole new approach to living. This is the best decision I’ve ever made.”
~ Current Client
"I just found the courage to join an exercise class I've been wanting to try for a very long time. I am so ready for this! Thank you Erica Leon, for your continued wisdom, love, encouragement and support. I feel your presence with me as I continue pursuing intuitive eating. I am so excited about this new part of my journey!"
- Current Client
The Intuitive Eating Essentials program for Midlife, Menopause and beyond includes all of the following:
- One Private 30-minute Session with Erica
- 4 LIVE Group Support Calls with Erica
- 8 Training Modules that cover the following topics...
- Letting go of Diets: Stop Dieting, Start Living at Midlife and beyond!
- Living a Valued Life: Shifting Your Thoughts and Behaviors, Developing Self-Compassion
- Hunger, Fullness and Satisfaction
- Challenge Self-Defeating, Negative Thoughts
- Learn to Recognize and Manage Difficult Emotions
- Respect Your Changing Body and Body Image
- Gentle Nutrition for Midlife and Menopause, including heart health and bone health
- Movement and More!
- Community Support via a Facebook Community with people just like you -- working to embrace a life free from diets, weight worries, and body shame. We will journey together in finding food peace while challenging our assumptions of "normal" eating, "healthy" body weights, and understanding our truest values.
- Bonus Resources in the way of worksheets, checklists and handouts.
Using all these tools in addition to the live calls and video training will only enhance your understanding and practice of Intuitive Eating. This program is ideal for women who consider themselves in midlife, menopause or beyond and are ready to try a non-diet approach, supported by a dietitian.
BONUS! Additional one-on-one sessions can be arranged as needed as part of packages at a special student only rate.
SPECIAL RECORDINGS AND LESSONS FROM GUEST EXPERTS AND SPEAKERS
Susan Schrott, a Diplomate in Clinical Social Work, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, IAEDP Approved Eating Disorder Supervisor and Certified Yoga Teacher, will guest instruct on helping you discover your true values, so you can take action to move towards a loving and compassionate relationship with food, your body and living a meaningful life. You will learn meditation, yoga breathing techniques and acceptance and commitment therapy skills.
Lisa Bargellini, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) will guest instruct on helping you tackle emotional eating and finding new skills that will better serve you.
" I have done many diets and spent most of my life struggling with my weight. After meeting Erica and now working with her both individually and in her group program, I quickly realized that this was something different, this was something I can manage and do for the rest of my life.
Intuitive eating is not a diet -- it is just paying attention to food and listening to my body, I have not done for years. At times, it has been a struggle to be an intuitive eater but I have seen so many changes in myself. I am no longer a slave to the scale and I eat what I like! I eat without guilt and have started to enjoy food again. I owe much of my success to the support and encouragement I have received from Erica. She is amazing! Thanks again!"
~~ Current Client
“I have been working with Erica Leon on Intuitive Eating for several years and it has totally transformed my approach to food and body. I first came to her because I was so sick of the diet roller coaster - weight up and down, feeling deprived, obsessed with counting calories, and miserable all the time. Erica has been so knowledgeable, kind, resourceful, patient, and always encouraging. Through our work I have learned to honor my hunger and respect my body. It's been wonderful having Erica to help guide me on this important journey. She has freed me from diets, and I am forever grateful!”
- Former Client
I'm Erica Leon -- a Certified Eating Disorder Dietitian & Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor. I've been in private practice for more than 30 years helping men, women and children feel better in their bodies and with their food intake. I help anyone struggling with an eating disorder or disordered eating, as well as chronic dieters wishing to finally eat in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
I have been on the board of the New York Chapter of iaedp, the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals and am often quoted in the media on topics related to disordered eating and the non-diet approach. Some of these publications include: